Wednesday 18 April 2012

Oat and Cornflake Biscuits

 HiHiHi,


Where Have I Been, well....

I was kidnapped by pirates.... erm.. no scratch that,

I was campaigning with greenpeace... hmm no,

I was out filming a documentary on something fabulously interesting ( I wish ).

No, for real, truth be told, I've been revising. Revising big time. Having recently accepted an offer from King's College London to study History I have discarded my party lifestyle (HA!) and buried myself under a pile of books, but really, I miss you. Though I'm very sorry, and feel very guilty, I think it's going to happen a fair bit. To make up for it, here are some biscuits. Which, if you like me, have been crazy busy, then stop what you're doing! Put down the important piece of work and step away. Retreat to the kitchen. Boy! do you deserve it! Let's declare a national holiday.
 We're combining honey-nut cornflakes, chocolate, oat and butter and we're gonna make some magic.


         Then we'll add a little more chocolate. For luck? ( let's go with that )


Here comes the recipe....


1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup honey nut cornflakes
1/2 cup chocolate chips
4 oz melted butter
3/4 cup sugar

What to do.....

1. Melt the butter and add to the rest of the ingredients when hot, the chocolate will melt, but its supposed ta'.
2. Press into a lined cake tine and put in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees Celsius and cook for 2 minutes, it won't seem hard at first but let it cool, then....
3. Melt a bar of dark chocolate (say 250g) and pour over and leave to harden
4. Enjoy with a strong coffee!

 A wonderful opening to a wonderful film.

No comments:

Post a Comment